Pass It Back Project Officer
Position Title: Pass It Back Project Officer
Location: Vientiane with local and international travel
Reports to: Policy and Partnership Development Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time
1) Organisational Information
ChildFund Australia is an international development agency that works in partnership with children and their communities to create lasting and meaningful change by supporting long-term community development and promoting children’s rights.
ChildFund Australia directly implements child-focused development programs in Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar, and works in conjunction with the ChildFund Alliance global partnership to deliver programs in countries throughout Asia, Africa and the Americas.
ChildFund Laos is the representative office of ChildFund Australia - an independent and non-religious international developing organisation that works to reduce poverty for children in the developing world.
2) Program Information
Pass It Back is an innovative Sport for Development curriculum led by ChildFund in partnership with World Rugby, Asia Rugby and Women Win. The curriculum aims to equip children and young people in Asia to overcome challenges, inspire positive social change and ‘pass it back’ to their communities.
Using Get Into Rugby, a World Rugby curriculum to grow the Game globally, Pass It Back gets children and youth to Try, Play and Stay in the Game. It is a part of the Impact Beyond Rugby World Cup 2019 programme (‘Impact Beyond 2019’), which will increase awareness and sustainable growth of rugby in Asia. Pass It Back delivers an integrated rugby and life skills curriculum in a safe environment that promotes the values of the Game and builds a new generation of leaders in disadvantaged communities across Asia. The Pass It Back curriculum began in the Lao PDR and is now operational in 3 countries across the ASEAN region with plans to expand further.
3) Job Purpose and Reporting Structure
The Pass It Back Project Officer (PIBPO) reports to the ChildFund Laos Policy and Partnership Development Manager.
The PIBPO supervises a Pass It Back Junior Project Officer and will work closely with the ChildFund Australia Pass It Back Secretariat team.
The PIBPO will work closely with the Lao Rugby Federation, a national sports federation under the Ministry of Education and Sport.
The PIBPO has overall responsibility for the quality of the Pass It Back partnership, including Government coordination, and project management in the Lao PDR.
4) POSITION SUMMARY
The Pass It Back Project Officer is responsible for the implementation and management of all Pass It Back curriculum programming in the Lao PDR, with a particular focus on:
• Being responsible for quality curriculum delivery in the Lao PDR;
• Developing a strong partnership with the implementing partner, a national sports federation, and the Ministry of Education and Sport;
• Supporting the growth of Pass It Back programming in the Lao PDR;
• Coordinating Pass It Back curriculum delivery with other Country Office activities;
• Supporting on-going learning around curriculum content and development, particularly the quality of Lao language resources;
• Supporting the mainstreaming of safeguarding in sport through the Pass It Back partnership.
5) KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1) PROJECT MANAGEMENT
• Hold a detailed understanding of the Pass It Back curriculum content and Pass It Back curriculum measuring change tools;
• Have operational and budget responsibility for curriculum implementation projects in the Lao PDR, including program quality standards compliance;
• Support the development of new project proposals including proposal and budget writing;
• Manage project reporting requirements, including a portfolio of revenue sources with varying reporting requirements.
2) PARTNERSHIP MANAGEMENT
• Develop and manage a strong, two-way partnership with the Lao Rugby Federation, with a focus on operations;
• Provide agreed capacity building support for the implementing partner including sourcing specific expertise within and outside the organisation as required;
• Lead the development of an MoU with the Ministry of Education and Sports and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and to manage the MoU’s implementation;
3) CURRICULUM LEARNING
• Advise ChildFund (through the Pass It Back Secretariat) on curriculum areas that need improving;
• Ensure that lessons learnt are shared across the program and the organisation;
• Ensure that all measuring change protocols are followed including survey work, most significant change stories, case studies and focus group discussions;
• Ensure that Lao language resources are fit for purpose.
4) INTERNAL COORDINATION
• Ensure that the Country Office and the Pass It Back Secretariat have access to relevant information in a timely manner;
• Ensure that implementing partner lessons are documented and shared across the organisation;
• Ensure that Pass It Back curriculum implementation supports ChildFund’s broader programming portfolio in the Lao PDR;
• Ensure that regular face to face and written updates on curriculum implementation progress are provided to key staff;
6) COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE /QUALIFICATIONS
• Commitment to ChildFund’s values, vision and mission;
• Accountability and integrity;
• Adaptability and flexibility.
• Life skills education experience and/or child and youth facilitation experience;
• Strong computer literacy, with Apple experience an advantage;
• Sports coaching experience;
• Fluency in Lao, Hmong and English;
• Interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated technical project management skills including budgeting, proposal writing and reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• University education in a relevant field;
• At least 3 years of experience working with children and youth with an International NGO;
• Experience of supporting NGO MoU processes with the Lao Government;
• A demonstrated commitment to transparency and accountability in previous work;
• Experience of working in and developing successful partnerships;
• Experience working in rural areas;
• Previous people management experience;
• Previous partnership management experience.
• Experience of working successfully with diverse multi-country, multi-language teams.
7) WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a full-time Vientiane-based position with frequent travel to Xieng Khouang and regionally. Standard office hours run from 0800 – 1630, however, some work outside these hours may be required. The position will also be mobile between ChildFund’s office and the partner’s officer as required in Vientiane.
The successful candidate will be offered a standard contract and the postholder’s salary will be set according to experience and qualifications, in accordance with ChildFund’s salary scale.
ChildFund Laos can offer an excellent package to the right candidate with excellent opportunities for professional development and a strong benefits package including employee health insurance. ChildFund Laos is an equal opportunities employer.
8) OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
The position is expected to cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the organisation and to take all reasonable care that actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of colleagues in the workplace.
1 year with renewable
May 5th 2017
021 41 2966
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be made by email to email@example.com all other applications will be rejected. In addition, Pass It Back will ONLY accept applications in English that include a CV and a cover letter that addresses the criteria above. NO OTHER INFORMATION SHOULD BE SUBMITTED.
ChildFund is an equal opportunities employer and has a strict child protection policy and background checks will be undertaken prior to any offer of employment. All candidates should provide two professional referees.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm of May 5, 2017
ChildFund is an equal opportunities employ