What We Do
iNGO Network Services
The iNGO Network provides services primarily to its members but also serves as the focal point for information on INGOs for example to other development partners and the Government of Lao PDR.
The services include:
- Information collection and dissemination (through e.g. the website, the On-line Resource Library -ORL, a bi-monthly e-newsletter and on-line discussion groups). The E-newsletter is sent out via email to the members and includes: news about the Network and its members; calendar of events; agency personnel and address announcements; conférences, meetings, workshops; trainings opportunities...
- Individual consultations
- Inclusion in the iNGO Network Directory (for members only)
- Monthly thematic and coordination meetings
- Policy discussion forums
- Support to thematic working groups
- Surveys and needs assessments
- Representation and promotion of the interests of members in appropriate forums
- Support to Lao civil society
- Staff training and orientation
Some of these services are also available to non-members.
Thematic Working Groups support the implementation of the iNGO Network\\\'s mission and support members through:
- Sharing research, lessons learnt and sound practices
- Identifying and working on common themes
- Sector coordination
Currently, the following working groups exist under the Network:
- Heath & Nutrition
- Land Issues
- Agriculture, Livestock and Forestry
- Disaster Reduction Management
- Human Resources and Administration
- Child Protection
- Water and Energy
The iNGO Network also maintains links with working groups in the following areas:
- Civil Society
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
The iNGO Network Secretariat can provide contact details of all working groups.
Representing INGO community and fostering dialogue between INGOs, Government of Lao PDR, funding agencies and other development partners
The Network plays an important role in the overall Relationship between international NGOs and Lao authorities. It is perceived by these actors as a contact point for international NGOs and their activities. It coordinates international NGO representation for a range of partnerships, official events, consultations and meetings.